This savory, gluten free sandwich bread will take your next tomato sandwich to the next level…well really any type of sandwich! Join me as we bake some bread today!
No, I am not gluten intolerant, nor is anyone in my household! I just have ample amounts of almond flour on hand and have been searching for a recipe that my hubby will eat his afternoon PB&J’s on! I am SLOWLY trying to switch him to a more whole-food based diet, hence less store bought sliced bread! Baby steps!
Anyways back to the bread, I’ve made several breads in the past but they never were “sandwichey” enough for my husband to eat. Most I didn’t even offer to him to try, he’s quite the food critic, especially if its healthy! However, with this bread we both cannot wait for some good ole homegrown tomato sandwiches with homemade mayo between two slices of this bread! Praying our summer garden comes through for us this year!
This bread could not be easier and I even had an eight-month old baby on my hip as I mixed it all together!
Tools you may need
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 4 TBSP ground flax seeds
- 3/4 tsp pink salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 TBSP Ghee butter -melted and slightly cooled (can also sub coconut oil)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I’ve used raw milk and coconut milk) -both with great results
- 1.5 tsp Apple cider vinegar
How to make GLuten Free sandwich bread:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients— almond flour, arrowroot, ground flax, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix all wet ingredients— ghee (or coconut oil), eggs, milk, and ACV. I melt the ghee butter in glass bowl so that once it cools I can just add the reminder of the wet ingredients to that same bowl. (Less dishes is always a win!)
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix well with a spoon.
- Pour batter into lined pan and bake approximately 35-40 minutes, checking to see if the center is cooked.
I have made French toast with this bread and it was phenomenal! I toast it as a side with my daily salads and my husband eats PB&J sandwiches on it! Our little man just likes it plain with a little almond butter or ghee butter!
I will be attempting to make sourdough bread very soon, but for now this simple and VERY fast recipe will be a weekly staple for us!!!
Thanks for stopping by the Harris Homestead!